Work Location: Plano, TX
The main function of Device protocol test engineer is execute LTE/5G - 3GPP, IOT/LC Test Plans and perform 1st level analysis of issues.
- Responsible for analyzing the NA carrier Test Plans/Requirements, Test execution of LTE/5G - 3GPP/ Carrier defined IOT/LC Test Plans and 1st level analysis of issues.
- Responsible for collecting device/TE logs, perform 1st level analysis of issues found during testing.
- Raise bugs (PLMs) and validate fixes.
- Send test Results and test status reports.
- Strong knowledge in 4G /5G air interface protocols is required (VoLTE/CS call processing, Attach/Detach, Cell selection/reselection and handovers)
- Strong knowledge on QCOM log analysis tools: QXDM and QCAT is required.
- Good Knowledge of LTE/5G - 3GPP specifications and North American carrier requirements is a plus.
- Good knowledge in Advanced LTE features including but not limited to 4*4 MIMO, CBRS, LAA, Carrier Aggregation & MIMO is required.
- Familiarity with 5G protocols is a plus.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field required.
- 4+ years’ experience working on Qualcomm/LSI chipset based mobile devices is required.
- Experience in test execution and log analysis of 4G/5G - 3GPP protocol test plans or LTE Inter-Operability testing of mobile devices is required.