Work Location: Plano, TX
The main function of the Data Engineer is to develop, evaluate, test and maintain architectures and data solutions within our organization. The typical Data Engineer executes plans, policies, and practices that control, protect, deliver, and enhance the value of the organizations data assets.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems. Specifically, Microsoft SharePoint and Excel.
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices.
- Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes.
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborate with data architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals.
- Strong PC skills including deep knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Excel/VBA.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- Experience required (1+ years):
- SharePoint application development and site administration.
- Excel VBA.